For the 5th consecutive year, Wells Fargo has partnered with The First Tee of Central Florida to deliver one of its Succeeding Together events in conjunction with the Arnold Palmer Invitational Presented by Mastercard. This year’s event will feature PGA TOUR Winner Chesson Hadley.
Get to know chessson hadley
Born in Raleigh, North Carolina on July 5, 1987, Chesson Hadley has always been involved in sports. He took up golf at the age of 6, and broke par for the first time by age 12. He was a three-time All-State performer during his high school years as well as a five-year letterwinner at North Raleigh Christian Academy. Hadley won every conference match during his senior year. It wasn’t just golf that kept him going, though. Chesson was also class president and a member of the National Honor Society. His classmates voted him most comedic. That energetic spirit helps to guide his game on the golf course.
Choosing golf was an easy decision, as Hadley quickly began to flourish. He earned a scholarship to Georgia Tech where he was a three-time All-American, winning the Carpet Capital Collegiate as well as the ACC Championship his senior year. In 2008, he represented the United States on the Palmer Cup team. This great success paved the way for his professional golf career.
Hadley turned professional in 2010 after graduating with a degree in Business Management. He played on the eGolf Tour for 2 years before making it to the Web.com Tour during 2012 PGA Tour Qualifying School. He won twice on the Web.com Tour in 2013, winning his hometown event, the Rex Hospital Open, as well as the Tour Championship. He finished with the highest combined earnings during the regular season and the playoffs and was a rookie on the PGA Tour in 2013.
During his debut season on the PGA TOUR, Chesson came out strong, winning the Puerto Rico Open. He had 4 top-10 finishes during the season and went on to receive the honor of 2014 PGA TOUR Rookie of the year. In 2017, Chesson was named the Web.com Tour Player of the Year winning twice at the ECOM Health Challenge and Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft Nabisco.
Chesson met his wife Amanda in elementary school. He cites her support as one of the most important things in both his personal and professional life. They reside with their son Hughes and daughter Hollis in Raleigh, North Carolina, where Chesson plays at North Ridge Country Club and Raleigh Country Club.
- Likes: Talk radio, dogs, collecting Bibles, fishing and Bojangles
- Dislikes: Coffee, laundry, traffic, chocolate chip ice cream
- Never had a hole-in-one
- Dream foursome: Ronald Reagan, Ben Hogan and Jesus
- Likes to woodwork during his downtime.
- If he could choose his last meal, it would include a Ruth’s Chris filet, McDonald’s French fries and Bojangles Chicken Supremes, with movie-theater popcorn for dessert.
- Known for “snapping” his fingers after clutch shots.
- Plays golf right-handed, but throws left-handed.
- Decompresses before or after a round by doing crossword puzzles.
- Drives a Ford Raptor and hopes to one day own a bunch of land.